25th Annual Mid Michigan Rock Club Show
November 3th and 4th, 2018
NOTE: No food concessions are available at the show.
More information will be provided in September. Please check back!
Saturday (11/3/2018) 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday (11/4/2018) 10 am – 5 pm
Chippawa Nature Center
400 S Badour Rd, Midland, MI 48640
MMRC Show Chair:
Contact Deb Young at (989) 245-0343 or send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Presentation Schedule and Descriptions:
Special Children's Events:
We will have a scavenger hunt througout the rock show. This will allow kids to gather information related to rocks and rock hunting. This activity will be tailored to include items that could help Scouts earn Geology badges. There will also be a rock dig where kids will be able to dig for rocks and fossils they will be able to keep. There will be educational programs presented during the show. Currently, there are presentations planned for fossils, agates, geodes, and beach rocks. More events and presentations are being planned.
We are inviting rock collectors under the age of 16 to put together a small exhibit or display of some of the rocks and/or fossils that they have collected. Pre-registration is required before October 21st and can be completed by sending the required information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Exhibit Pre-Registation" in the subject line. All exhibiters pre-registration email must include exhibiter name, display theme, display size, and contact information (phone number or email address). We will not accept items for display that have not been pre-registered.
- Rock collectors must be 16 years of age or younger to participate.
- Only items collected by the exhibiter should be included. Purchased items will not be accepted.
- The display should have a theme ("Rocks I collected on Lake Michigan beaches", "Green Rocks", "Fossils of MI", "Quartz Rocks", "Rocks I Polished", "Funny Shaped Rocks", etc.).
- Base display size should be no greater that 11” x 16”. This is the size of a typical cardboard open flat for canned goods. These flats should work well as a base, but other medium can be used.
- Display must include collector’s name, age, collection title, and school. If possible or appropriate, label individual items.
- Displays must be dropped off to MMRC show volunteer staff at the Chippewa Nature Center on Friday (November 3) between 5 and 6PM or Saturday (November 4) between 8 and 10AM.
- Displays can be picked up after the show at the Chippewa Nature Center on Sunday (November 5) between 3 and 5pm or at the next MMRC club meeting on Tuesday, November 7th at 7PM.
- All participants will receive a small gift from the Mid-Michigan Rock Club.
- MMRC and the Chippewa Nature Center are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.